Believing the time had come when Calumet should have a cemetery remote from the business part of town, several persons have associated themselves together for that purpose, and after careful inquiry and examination purchased the grounds where Lake View Cemetery is now located; and they have reason to believe all persons looking over the same will agree that the selection has been most fortunate and opportune.
Lake View Cemetery Association was organized in July 1894, in accordance with Chapter 181 of Howell’s Annotated Statues of Michigan.
Lake View Cemetery is located one-and-one-half miles west of the Village of Calumet, on M-203, in the township of Osceola, and embraces an area of approximately 140 acres.
Nowhere within many miles of Calumet can an equal amount of ground so admirably adapted for adornment and a rural cemetery be found. The soil, for burial purposes, is all that can be desired. The grounds are broken by beautiful ravines and undulating plateaus throughout their entire extent.
The Directors of Lake View not only are endeavoring to carry out the ideas and practices of today, but also seeking to discern along what lines improved plan are tending, thus striving to anticipate and apply the methods that will prevail fifty years or a century hence. Each lot is only a constituent part of the whole. And in order that the whole may be harmonious, systematic treatment of each constituent part is imperatively essential.
Lake View Cemetery Association
24090 Veterans Memorial Highway • Calumet, Michigan 49913
(906) 337-2510 OFFICE
© 2020 Lake View Cemetery. All rights reserved.
Website development: Opusweb